Legendary Designer and Spokesperson for 3M Latin America Automotive Aftermarket Division to Illustrate Automotive History of 3M
At this year’s SEMA show, 3M is bringing its history of innovation and technology to life – in a live presentation by one of the world’s top car designers.
Join industry legend Chip Foose at the 3M SEMA Booth No. 12025 on Tuesday, November 1, from 11 a.m. PT to 12:30 p.m. PT as he puts pen to paper and illustrates Automotive History in a unique and engaging presentation.
Owner and chief designer of Foose Design and star of TLC’s “Overhaulin”, Foose is the spokesperson for 3M Latin America Automotive Aftermarket Division, and will take the stage creating a one-of-a-kind illustration live. Chip Foose’s creative visual presentation will illustrate how 3M Automotive evolved from providing sandpaper and tape in the early days of the automotive industry, to the advanced technology and engineering solutions it delivers for vehicles around the world today. Encompassing three large panels, and measuring over 20 feet long, Foose will talk and draw his way through a 3M Automotive chronological timeline.
High Mileage and Green-Tech Vehicles at the Show
Audi A3 TDI (clean diesel)
Chevrolet Cruze Eco
Ford Focus SFE
Ford Fiesta SFE
Honda Civic GX
Honda Civic HF
Kia Rio (2012)
Mazda3 SKYACTIV (2012)
Volkswagen Jetta TDI (clean diesel)
Volkswagen Jetta SportWagon TDI (clean diesel)
Volkswagen Passat TDI (clean diesel)
Volkswagen Golf TDI (clean diesel)
Hybrids and Plug-in hybrids
BMW i8 Concept
BMW ActiveHybrid 7
BMW ActiveHybrid X6
Buick LaCrosse eAssist
Buick Regal eAssist
Cadillac Ciel concept
Cadillac Escalade Hybrid
Chevrolet Malibu Eco
Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid
Ford C-MAX Energi plug-in hybrid
Ford Fusion Hybrid
GMC Yukon Hybrid
GMC Yukon Denali Hybrid
Honda CR-Z Sport Hybrid Coupe
Honda Civic Hybrid
Honda Plug-in Hybrid concept
Hyundai Sonata Hybrid
Infiniti M35 Hybrid
KIA Optima Hybrid
Lincoln MKZ Hybrid
Lexus CT 200h
Lexus GS 450h
Lexus LS 600h L
Lexus RX 450h
Porsche Cayenne S Hybrid
Porsche Panamara S Hybrid
Toyota Camry Hybrid
Toyota Highlander Hybrid
Toyota Prius v
Toyota Prius Plug-in Hybrid
Volkswagen Touareg Hybrid
Clean Diesel Vehicles
Audi A3 TDI
Audi Q7 TDI
BMW 335d Sedan
Mercedes-Benz S350 BlueTEC
Volkswagen Jetta TDI
Volkswagen Jetta SportWagen TDI
Volkswagen Passat TDI
Volkswagen Golf TDI
BMW i3 Concept
Ford Focus BEV prototype
Fiat 500 EV
Hydrogen/Hydrogen Fuel Cell
Honda FCX Clarity
* List of vehicles at the show subject to change
See over 500 of the Hottest New Cars and Trucks, Super Exotics, Tricked-Out Rides & More!
• Test Drive More than 40 Vehicles Right at the Show
• Ride Along at Camp Jeep Anaheim and Experience Jeep's 4x4 Capabilities
• High-End Exotics & Rare Sports Cars, Including a Rare Gumpert, Saleen S7R and Hennessey Ford GT1000
• World Debut of Honda CR-V Concept
• Pre-Production Models from Ford, Chevrolet, Lexus, Subaru, Toyota and More!
• Movie Cars Featured in Thor, Captain America and Kick Ass
• The RPM Lounge™ & DUB® Celebrity Car Showcase
• SHIFTR Automotive & Lifestyle Expo Featuring Tricked-Out Rides & DJ Entertainment, Fri — Sun Only
• The L.A. Lakers Girls — Fri, 5–7 pm
• Hooters' Miss OC International Auto Show Contest — Fri, 7 pm
• BAMMA Ring Girl Contest — Fri, 8:30 pm
• SMS Supercars Display and Appearance by Steve Saleen — Sat, 12–1 pm & 2:30–3:30 pm
• Music and Comedy by Robot King Robota — Sat, 12–7 pm & Sun, 12–2 pm
• Swimsuit International Model Search — Sat, 1 pm
• Hooters Wing Eating Contest — Sat, 3 pm
• MMA Cage Fighting, Presented by BAMMA USA — Sat, 6 pm
• A Main Hobbies RC Exhibit & RIDEMAKERZ' RC Experience
• FREE Subscription to Motor Trend (an $18 value) with Ticket Purchase
For 60 years now, Eibach has been known as the world standard for high-quality springs. On the occasion of this milestone in Eibach history, CEO Wilfried Eibach talks about how his father, and the rest of the Eibach family, created a worldwide industry leader from humble beginnings in a small workshop.
For more than 50 years, professional auto body repair experts as well as automotive do-it-yourselfers have been using Bondo® Body Filler for large and small repair jobs. Now those users get to sound off about it -- and possibly win a dream NASCAR® experience.
For more information and to enter the sweepstakes, go to http://www.bondosweepstakes.com/.
Media Day Highlights
· World Debut of the 2012 Honda CR-V Concept
· Public Debut of the 2012 Acura TSX
· 2011 IntelliChoice Motorist Choice Awards – set to take place at 10:30 a.m.
· First test drive of the new 2012 21st Century Volkswagen Beetle – 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
· Off-Road test track at Camp Jeep Anaheim – 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
· Gumpert Apollo
· 2012 Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4
· 2012 Acura TL S.H.I.E.L.D.
· 2013 Lexus GS
To access all of this week's eNews headlines, visit
American Le Mans Series Presented by Tequila Patron: Mid-Ohio
Round 5 American Le Mans Series
Roush Fenway Racing announced on Thursday that Carl Edwards has signed a multi-year agreement starting in 2012.